I’m completely obsessed with lemons. I can remember being five years old and squeezing a lemon with salt on it, into my mouth. (still do this) In fact, I go through dozens of lemons each week! I use them for almost everything including cleaning and deodorizing.
Some health benefits:
- Nutritional value - for the reason they are a good source of Vitamin B6, Iron and Potassium, and a great source of Dietary Fiber and Vitamin C.
- Detoxifier- since they’re like the digestive juices created in the stomach, when eaten your liver starts producing bile. Bile, helps food move through the gastrointestinal tract efficiently. This equals less bloating! Try lemon water it’s works great assisting in alleviating indigestion.
- Vitamin C- Your body does NOT make Vitamin C. You must get it from your diet; the food you eat and beverages you consume. What’s great is lemons have a good amount of this vitamin. AND, the antioxidants found in vitamin C, help your body to heal faster, skin is renewed and rejuvenated. This will lead to more youthful looking skin and minimizing wrinkles.
- Weight Loss- Lemons have dietary fiber so you’re going to feel full and most likely eat less which will lead to weight loss. Simply sip lemon water during the day; you’ll feel satisfied, hydrated and better mood. If you start your day with lemon water, it increases your energy throughout the day as well
- Purifies the blood- Lemons contain properties that can assist purifying the blood. This will help to remove toxins.
- Natural Diuretic- helps to assist in removing excess water from the body.
When life gives you lemons, eat them! 😉